Friday, January 20, 2012

Hearty Potato Soup


It's been so cold around here and so I've been in search of recipes that are going to stick to my ribs while I'm out playing or working in the snow! Here is a classic potato soup recipe that I helped make at a friend's house a couple days ago. It is a delicious and easy way to use the heirloom German Butterball potatoes we had in our farm share this week. My friends and I added bacon, but that is optional.

2 lbs potatoes
1/2 lb of bacon
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
Milk or cream to taste
1 stick of butter
herbs to your liking (we used a bit of rosemary on top!)

Peel the potatoes if you like, boil in a soup pot. Brown bacon with the onion and garlic. Add milk/cream and butter, salt and pepper, herbs, bacon, onion, and garlic to the potatoes. Let cook and mash together. Add a bit of shredded parmesan cheese and chopped herbs to top!

Stay warm and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment